Everyone loves a fun holiday party – but what they don’t like is the clean up afterward. Being the host means at the end of your fete, you’re stuck with the detritus of a very fun – albeit messy – evening. Half-empty cups, spills, sticky counters, and leftover food. It’s enough to make you vow to only be a party guest from now on, and never the host!
Well, not to worry. We’ve found some ingenious ways to sanely deal with the mess left behind.
- Do a walk-through of your home. Be on the lookout for stains, crumbs, or forgotten glasses. If you see a stain, you can tackle it immediately.
- Lurking odors from cooking, the fireplace or messy guests? Covering it with artificial fragrances doesn’t really work — and it can make asthma and allergy symptoms worse for sufferers. Try using the power of technology. Certain air purifiers not only combat stale odors but remove allergens and contaminants from the air.
- Leftover wine? Don’t pour it out – freeze it in ice cube container. You can use it later for cooking.
- Didn’t use coasters? Tsk tsk. But don’t fret – there’s an easy solution. Rub full-fat mayo onto the water ring, and let sit for an hour. Wipe away and your stain should be gone.
- Grease stains are the worst. Rub a lemon onto the stain and let it sit overnight. Laundering your clothes with a Laundry Pro 2.0 is also beneficial: you only need to use cold water (so stains are less likely to set in) and no detergents, bleach, or chemical-filled softeners are needed. Our exclusive ActivePure Technology works to safely and effectively remove stains, build-up, dirt and odor from your linens and clothes.
- Used your nice crystal and now have hard water and lipstick stains all over them? Add ½ cup of white vinegar to a sink full of hot, soapy water. Let soak overnight. Stains should wipe away easily.
- Stuck on food? Here’s a use for those dryer sheets you no longer need for your laundry (because now you have a Laundry Pro 2.0!). Put a dryer sheet into your gunked-up pan and fill with warm water. Let soak overnight. The fabric softener will help release the stuck-on food particles for easy clean up the next day.